These potatoes are yummy and delicious.
And who doesn’t like cheese and bacon?
If you’re looking for great side to dress up a quick meal, these mashed spuds
are sure to fit the bill. And if you have to feed the neighbours, (which
sometimes happens on a farm), they can easily be doubled or tripled for a
Sour Cream Potatoes
2 1/2 lbs. medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
1 cup (250 ml) sour cream
1/4 cup (50 ml) milk
2 tablespoons (25 ml) butter, melted
1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheese, divided
5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
2 cloves garlic, with ends cut off
1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
1/8 tsp (1 ml) pepper
1. Boil your potatoes and cloves of garlic in a large pot of cold water. Reduce
the heat once it starts to boil and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until the
potatoes are easily pierced with the tip of a paring knife.
2. While the potatoes are simmering, heat the milk and butter in a small
saucepan until boiling.
3. When the garlic and potatoes are tender, drain and return them to the pot.
4. Mash the potatoes and garlic. Add the milk and butter, sour cream, 1 cup
(4 oz.) of cheese, salt and pepper and stir until smooth. Spoon into a greased
2-qt. baking dish and sprinkle with remaining cheese and crumbled bacon.
3. Bake uncovered, at 350° F(180 °C) for 30-35 minutes or until heated
Quite simply, these potatoes really dress up a meal without a lot of fuss.
They’re great for filling famished farmboys and anyone who just needs to be
fed. Scoop up a helping of these savory flavours and you’ll be all warm and
And your neighbours will love you for it.
If you have neighbours who don’t love you, (though I don’t know how that
could be), just bring them some of these and then they’ll love you too.
From my table to yours, I hope you have a really wonderful day!
This Sweet Wife ♥